Building a new home is the largest single investment homeowners will make in their lifetime. Invest wisely by choosing the home experts recommend – a zero energy ready High Performance Home made with Superior Walls by Advanced Concrete.
High Performance Homes, LLC (“HPH”) is a US Department of Energy 2016 Housing Innovation Award Winner and the leading Mid-Atlantic builder of Zero Energy Ready Homes. Many homebuilders use a few energy-efficiency components in their builds; however, HPH has been recognized with industry-leading awards and achieved the highest certifications in the country by seamlessly integrating all of the best technologies under one roof.
Utilizing Superior Walls is a significant factor in helping builders like High Performance Homes achieve exceptional performance so that homeowners don’t have the dread of huge energy bills.
Coded for the future, HPH’s state-of-the-art technology package includes geothermal heating and cooling, solar panels/shingles, systems for vastly improved indoor air quality, and energy saving techniques such as those provided by Superior Walls by Advanced Concrete’s foundation system.
As buying a home is one of the largest investments of a lifetime, it’s critical to choose a home designed and constructed to last with exceptional quality standards for better living. That is why High Performance Homes utilizes the Zero Energy Ready Home whole house approach to building.
So what is a Zero Energy Ready Home? A Zero Energy Ready Home is the home of the future. It is a high performance home that is so energy efficient that a renewable energy system can offset all or most of its annual energy consumption. It utilizes seven complete systems to ensure not only ultra-energy efficiency and savings but also advanced comfort, improved health, durability and overall superior value compared to conventionally built homes.
Superior Walls by Advance Concrete is a significant contributor to High Performance Homes’ industry-leading performance.
High Performance Homes is in the top one percent of builders in the country meeting the extraordinary levels of excellence in energy and performance specified in the US Department of Energy’s Zero Energy Ready Home Program requirements. High Performance Homes is also a Home Innovations NGBS Green Partner pledging to design and construct all of their homes to achieve the rigorous requirements of the ICC 700 National Green Building Standard (NGBS). High Performance Homes’ latest build has received NGBS Green Certification at the Emerald level. Less than three percent of the homes in the nation have achieved this level of performance.
Superior Walls by Advance Concrete is proud to partner with High Performance Homes.
Superior Walls is bringing High Performance Homes more energy saving building techniques from the foundation up with their Superior Walls’ Xi™ wall constructed with built-in 2.5 inches of Dow® STYROFOAM™ blue-board insulation. Everything about this wall is insulated, including corners, studs, and top bond beam, making a complete thermal envelope. Special engineering makes the wall thermally insulated and isolated from the exterior elements. It is monolithically poured (poured all at once) with high-strength concrete for solid structural integrity and reinforced with steel rebar and polypropylene fibers.
The Xi Wall’s concrete has a high strength, low-water, mix that requires no additional damp proofing and meets or exceeds energy conservation requirements from both the IECC and the IRC Codes.
Top Reasons High Performance Homes Uses Superior Walls
1. Reduces Energy Leakage – Superior Walls concrete wall panels minimize the potential for energy leakage. The combination of pre-engineered built-in insulation and high-strength concrete makes a great foundation for energy conservation.
2. Lowers Energy Cost – Built-in insulation lowers energy loss through the basement walls. The R-12.5 insulation throughout the wall panels minimizes thermal transfer.
3. Saves Valuable Natural Resources – The foundation panels are engineered and manufactured with insulated concrete studs, thus reducing the amount of lumber, stone, sand and concrete in your new home.
4. Pre-Engineered for Energy and Strength – Superior Walls 5000+ psi concrete, engineered with a lower water-to-cement ratio, ensures durability and helps prevent the transfer of moisture through the wall. A dry basement will limit the possibility of mold and other airborne fungi found in other basements, which can affect your air quality.
5. Reduces On-Site Soil Contamination – Superior Walls begin in an indoor production facility; therefore, no form oil is used at the job site. Because damp proofing is built-in (ESR-1662), there is no need to use an on-site bituminous coating.
6. Reduces Jobsite Waste – With the reduction of installation time, there is less environmental impact and less job site waste than a home using other foundations.
In summary, if you are looking to build a beautiful, state of the art, high-performance home that conserves energy and money during construction and throughout the life of your home, a home built by High Performance Homes built with a Superior Walls foundation is the winning choice to achieving the home of your dreams.